ARC Book Review - A Scot In The Dark By Sarah MacLean

                                                                  SYNOPSIS
Lonesome Lily Turned Scandalous Siren

Miss Lillian Hargrove has lived much of her life alone in a gilded cage, longing for love and companionship. When an artist offers her pretty promises and begs her to pose for a scandalous portrait, Lily doesn't hesitate...until the lying libertine leaves her in disgrace. With the painting now public, Lily has no choice but to turn to the one man who might save her from ruin.

Highland Devil turned Halfhearted Duke

The Duke of Warnick loathes all things English, none more so than the aristocracy. It does not matter that the imposing Scotsman has inherited one of the most venerable dukedoms in Britain—he wants nothing to do with it, especially when he discovers that the unwanted title comes with a troublesome ward, one who is far too old and far too beautiful to be his problem.

Tartan Comes to Town

Warnick arrives in London with a single goal: get the chit married and see her become someone else's problem, then return to a normal, quiet life in Scotland. It's the perfect plan, until Lily declares she'll only marry for love...and the Scot finds that there is one thing in England he likes far too much...
 




REVIEW


After reading The first  book in the Scandal & Scoundrel series  The Rogue Not Taken I was very  excited to read  A Scot In The Dark . When  I was  given the opportunity to read this  book early I was thrilled and read it as soon as I possible could. This was book was fantastic .From reading the first  book in this series I had  pretty high expectation for the second book in the series and It did not  disappoint  A Scot In The Dark was  such  wonderful read.

In this book we follow the Duke of  Warnick ( whose name is Alec ) and Lillian Hargrove ( who is also called Lily )  and I just love these two  together ,I was so excited when I found out that  Alec  was a main character in this book because I just  loved his  character from The Rogue Not Taken.During this book we learned so much about  both Lily and Alec, you get to understand why they are the they are  and I really felt for  both characters when I got to  the part in this book were they were talking about specific parts of there past , but what I loved was all of  the character growth that they both go through in this story and as a  result of that how there views changed about themselves as well as each other.

The romance between Lily and Alec was sexy , passionate and swoon worthy .As time went  by and I got to know these two characters and they also got to know each other I was  sure beyond a doubt that these two  were just perfect for each other. I was rooting for these two no matter what happened  .Every time Alec In his attempt  to  do right by Lily would try to find her a suitable man to get  marry to I would shout out  Alec!! you should be marrying her! lol stop trying to find her a husbands!! marry her lol . I loved these two together and I was absolutely thrilled  with the ending they got I felt it was absolutely perfect and they got the Happy ending  that  they so thoroughly deserved .

Sarah MacLean is amazing at writing historical romance I felt  so immersed In the setting I almost  felt like I was there  lol. The rules , the customs ,the parties and the way people dressed and behaved in this time period was just so fascinating . 

A Scot In The Dark  was  a sexy , captivating , fun read. I read this  book in one day It was so good. Between the sexy swoon worthy romance  , the  fantastic cast of  characters and setting   Sarah MacLean creates another wonderful historical romance, Iam very eager to get  my hands on the next story by this author . If you love all of these things in your books I suggest you pick up a copy when it comes out  August 30 , 2016 .


RATING

5/5 STARS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Reason To Read The Billionaire Voice By J.S.Scott

Release Day Launch -Tell Me A Truth By Tamara Lush

Release Day Blitz- Billionaire Undaunted By JSScott