Book Review - The Lost Plot By Genevive Cogman








SYNOPSIS
After being commissioned to find a rare book, Librarian Irene and her assistant, Kai, head to Prohibition-era New York and are thrust into the middle of a political fight with dragons, mobsters, and Fae.

In a 1920s-esque New York, Prohibition is in force; fedoras, flapper dresses, and tommy guns are in fashion: and intrigue is afoot. Intrepid Librarians Irene and Kai find themselves caught in the middle of a dragon political contest. It seems a young Librarian has become tangled in this conflict, and if they can’t extricate him, there could be serious repercussions for the mysterious Library. And, as the balance of power across mighty factions hangs in the balance, this could even trigger war.

Irene and Kai are locked in a race against time (and dragons) to procure a rare book. They’ll face gangsters, blackmail, and the Library’s own Internal Affairs department. And if it doesn’t end well, it could have dire consequences on Irene’s job. And, incidentally, on her life...


REVIEW
 The  Lost Plot is my  very first book  by Genevive Cogman  but I have heard of  her books in the past so I was  very eager to  see  what this book  had  instore and then after  reading   that  blurb I just new it  was  going  be  one very fasicinating ride , so  when I got the  chance to  read  this it  , I  got through  this book so fast , I was  actually  kinda shocked when I got to the ends  because I didn't  realizae  that was  how  fast I  was  reading . I found  the world building   in this book something  fresh and  new  , something I have never incountered  before  , I love librays  and I always thought they  were  magical places but this book  shows you just how  powerful  and important books can be . I love that     this book was  set for the most part in  a 1920 esque New York , I don't get read  enough books that are set in that time . I also  loved finding out more about  the different supernatural  creatures in this book as well  as the   finding about  the librarians and through Irene   how many  cool  stuff they can do ,so before I ramble on and on to summarize    what I was  saying the worlding building , the  magic and  the setting   was  amazing . Another I didn't  expect  was  how  funny this book   was at times  and in ways I never  expected and omg Irene and Kai ! maybe Iam reading into things  too much  but I thinks those two  are definitely into one another , there is some serious  chemistry  between them . The Lost  Post  was fast , fun  , magical  story   and I cannot wait to get my hands on the  next Genevive Cogman  book. If you are wondering if you should  pick up this book the answer is yes pick it up as soon as you can  this book  was wonderful.

RATING 
5/5 STARS

BUYING LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Reason To Read The Billionaire Voice By J.S.Scott

Release Day Launch -Tell Me A Truth By Tamara Lush

Release Day Blitz- Billionaire Undaunted By JSScott