Interview with S.M Lumetta









1 Where did the Idea  for You are here come from?
I remember writing a prologue of the heroine "seeing" the first time she'll meet her soulmate in a vision, but knowing nothing else about it (mostly because she has amnesia). Then I saw the hero as the hitman and struggling to remain a cold "nameless man" as his past increasingly comes back to haunt him. I saw them as yin and yang. She has a future she wants and he has a past he doesn't. The idea was that as they progress, they find their way back to some kind of balance. As I first wrote the story (it was originally a fanfiction, and so rough—OMG so rough), I only knew the destination: HEA, but only vaguely aware how I was going to get there.

2 Can you carry us through what  what your  writing process looks like ?
My process (now, versus when I started writing You Are Here) is somewhat Jackson Pollack-y in that it's all over the place without much rhyme or reason. I start with a scene or plot bunny and write everything that comes to mind. I keep Pinterest boards of each project whether it's a character likeness or mood inspiration, and lists of all sorts of notes that get added to as I go. Then I go back and start to organize and figure out where the gaps and "WTF?!" spots are. 

3 We all love books  where what are some of your  favorite books?
OHHHH, that's so hard. I love so many, and I will forget some. But off the top of my head, a few of my all-time favorites: To Kill a Mockingbird, Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia, Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison, Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, Pucked by Helena Hunting (the whole series, really), Harry Potter series... I could easily keep going.

4 Describe You are here In 5 words?
Love can save your life. 

5 What are you working on right now  writing wise?
I'm in the midst of a romcom right now that I'm pretty excited about. It was an old idea that popped up and kept talking, so I'm listening. Not sure when it will release, but I'm hoping for spring 2017. Besides that, I have three others that are in development — one is a paranormal romance that has dark fairytale twists and potential for a series, another is a contemporary roadtrip-ish love story, and the last is an erotic BDSM romance that my mother will never be allowed to read. Ever. 


Get To Know S.M. Lumetta 

1 favorite season? Fall

2 Top 5 favorite book boyfriends 
AAAHHH, favorites. So evil. Hmmm... until I get through more of my TBR... ;)
1. Alex Waters (Pucked)
2. Randy Ballistic (Pucked Over)
3. Beckett Taylor (Poughkeepsie)
4. Hayden Stryker (Clipped Wings/Inked Armor)
5. Liam Quinn (Wicked Heart, Leisa Rayven)

3 If you could time travel to one time period which one would it be? I'd travel with Doctor Who so I could see all of them. ;P If that's a cheat answer, I'll say somewhere between 1900–1920ish. I want to hit some speakeasies.

4 What are you reading right now?
My TBR is the longest ever... but most currently:
Anything but Love (Daisy Prescott)
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Pucked Under (Helena Hunting)

5 If you could invite 5 people to dinner living, fictional or dead who would they be?
That would be an eclectic mix of hilarious, hot, and scary. So, probably awkward. LOL ... Robin Williams, Sam Heughan, Jack the Ripper, Oscar Wilde, Beckett Taylor. 

6 Anything else you like to add?
THANK YOU for the fun questions! 




YOU ARE HERE BY S.M.Lumetta IS OUT  NOW!!


                                                   SYNOPSIS
Lucie Gideon wakes up in a hospital, alone. Her family is dead and her home is gone, but she can’t remember a thing. She soon discovers, however, she can glimpse the future, and everything she sees seems to revolve around a mysterious man she's never met.

Greyson Ellicott hasn’t been a part of normal society in a decade. As a contract killer, he's learned to deaden himself so he doesn’t have to think or feel for anything or anyone. His carefully buried memory cracks open and reminds him of what he left behind.

When Lucie and Greyson meet head-on, destinies collide. Grey doesn't want to care about—let alone fall in love with—the crazy girl who has visions of him, but she's in the crosshairs of a murderer and he may be the only one who can save her




BUYING LINKS



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Reason To Read The Billionaire Voice By J.S.Scott

Release Day Launch -Tell Me A Truth By Tamara Lush

Release Day Blitz- Billionaire Undaunted By JSScott