Interview With Katie Ruggle

Iam So excited to  be sharing this interview with Katie Ruggle. The author of the Search and Rescue series which consist of One His Watch ( novella  free on amazon )  Hold Your Breathe (  will be out on April 5, 2016) ,Fan The Flames (will be out  on June 7,2016 )  Gone Too Deep ( will be out  August 2,2016 )  In Safe Hands ( will be out  October 4,2016).I hope you enjoy the interview!. (For information on the titles you  see above all you have to do is  click the titles )



KATIE RUGGLE


A fan of the old adage “write what you know”, Katie Ruggle lived in an off-grid, solar- and wind-powered house in the Rocky Mountains until her family lured her back to Minnesota. When she’s not writing, Katie rides horses, shoots guns (not while riding, although that would be awesome), cross-country skis (badly) and travels to warm places where she can scuba dive. A graduate of the Police Academy, Katie received her ice-rescue certification and can attest that the reservoirs in the Colorado mountains really are that cold. A fan of anything that makes her feel like a bad-ass, she has trained in Krav Maga, boxing and gymnastics.
You can connect with Katie 
Books By Katie Ruggle

INTERVIEW

  1. Where do you get your inspiration /book ideas from?The setting for my Search and Rescue series was inspired by my crazy, off-grid life in the Colorado Rockies. My editor and I had been brainstorming series ideas, and I’d share random tidbits of my everyday routine with her—like getting my grocery cart stuck in the snowy store parking lot, or watching a herd of elk graze across the street, or listening to my interesting neighbor (who lived with his grown son in a pop-up travel trailer) share his conspiracy theories. She suggested setting the series in a place very much like my home, so I did. The headless body, however, wasn’t based on my own experiences (thank goodness)—that I pulled from a rather morbid corner of my brain.
  2. Can you takes through what a writing day looks like for you?I’m working nights at a bakery right now, so I get home at around seven in the morning, take my three dogs for a run, have some breakfast while avoiding Facebook (it sucks me in when I should be writing!), and then dive into either writing or editing. Recently, I’ve been trapped in editing hell. Since the Search and Rescue books are releasing every two months, content edits and copyedits and proofreading and promo stuff are all piled on top of each other. I work until about one in the afternoon (my much-too-early bedtime
  3. We all love books here what are some of your favorite books?Ooh, so many… old favorites include The Lady by Anne McCaffrey and Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. A few of my newer book loves are Painted Faces by L.H. Cosway, Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage and Patricia Briggs’s Mercy series (and lots more! :-)).
  4. Describe Hold Your Breathe in 5 Words?  (Oof- hard one ! Wait ! Don't count any of these  as my five words .I'm really bad at writing short. :-)) Icy water , hot divers , killer(s)!
  5. What are you working on now writing wise?  Besides Search and Rescue edits ,I'm staring a new series ( out in 2017) about a police K9 unit and three women on the run.Researching this has been so much fun!


Character Question 
10 Random facts about  Callum and Lou.

1.     Lou’s dream truck is actually mine—a 1949 International KB-1 half-ton pickup.
2.     Callum hates Lou’s dream truck because of its lack of modern safety features (like, you know, seatbelts).
3.     Lou hadn’t ever started a fire before moving to her cabin in Colorado, where she discovered that keeping a fire going is harder than it looks.
4.     During Callum’s first time in a dry suit, he struggled with it even more than Lou did.
5.     Lou is frightened of small children.
6.     When Callum first met Lou, he was wary but so, so fascinated.
7.     After Lou met Callum, she couldn’t see the appeal of any other man.
8.     Sheriff Rob Coughlin came this close to asking out Lou.
9.     Lou would’ve turned Rob down (refer to #7).
10.   After Callum invited Lou to his house for the first time, he dusted the supplies in his pantry while impatiently waiting for her to arrive.


Get to know Katie

  1. Favorite season ?  Fall-When it's just cold enough to kill the bugs, but not cold enough to freeze off my face.
  2. Top 5 favorite book boyfriends? Dax (The Wilds by Donna Augustine),Nikolas( Relentless Trilogy by Karen Lynch),Nick (Bird of Stone Trilogy by Trace Ward), Malachi( Sanctum by Sarah Fine),George(Gone too Deep by me - is it cheating to use my own hero? Because I do love George.)
  3. If you could travel to one time period what would it be ?Hmm...probably the late  Nineteenth century.It'd be incredible to see the U.S. as it was then.
  4. What are your reading right now ?Mariana Zapata's The Wall of Winnipeg and Me.I Love the silent ,cranky type :-)
  5. If you could invite 5 people living, dead or fictional to  dinner who would they be?Let's go with the five book boyfriends from above .They'd be a quiet and broody brunch, but the extremely high eye- candy levels would make it worth it.
  6. Anything else you would like to add? This was fun-thank you for having me!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Reason To Read The Billionaire Voice By J.S.Scott

Release Day Launch -Tell Me A Truth By Tamara Lush

Release Day Blitz- Billionaire Undaunted By JSScott