Interview With Roshani Chokshi

Iam Very thrilled to  Share this Interview with  Roshani Chokshi  Author of the much anticipated  The Star Touched Queen. I hope you all enjoy it.


Roshani Chokshi



Author Bio

Roshani Chokshi comes from a small town in Georgia where she collected a Southern accent, but does not use it unless under duress. She grew up in a blue house with a perpetually napping bear-dog. At Emory University, she dabbled with journalism, attended some classes in pajamas, forgot to buy winter boots and majored in 14th century British literature. She spent a year after graduation working and traveling and writing. After that, she started law school at the University of Georgia where she’s learning a new kind of storytelling.



Books & Short Stories By Roshani Chokshi 




INTERVIEW
  1. Where Do you get you inspiration/book idea from? I get a lot of my inspiration from stories I heard growing up  :)
  2. Can you  take us through what a writing day looks like for you? Oh gosh.Its wildly unglamorous .I wake up, usually  late  because I turned off my alarm in my sleep .. I putter around and search for coffee. I spend my morning reading the news,catching up on twitter and email .Then I set up my writing stuff for the day , which just means going over my notes from yesterday and deciding my target word count.Usually,I need to write out  parts of scenes in longhand ,so I'll pace around and do that .I spend at  least  2 hours writing without interruption and then I have to get up  and do  something else . Usually that means dragging myself to the gym, and scavenging the kitchen for more  food haha.This cycle repeats until about 2 a.m.
  3. If you could switch places with one of your character for a day who would you choose and why ? I would choose a vendor from the Night  Bazaar .Ive always wanted to haggle over magical objects .
  4. The Star Touched Queen has been Described as a Lush , Beautifully written ,vividly imagined fantasy inspired by Indian Mythology (I cannot wait to read it!!) Iam a huge mythology and fairy take nerd lol so I wanted to  know what are some of  your favorite myths & fairy tales ? Love this question! My favorite myths are the tales of Uloopi & Arjun, Hades and Persephone, Savitri &Satyavan, the tales of Krishna , East of the Sun & West of The Moon ,Snow White.
  5. We All Love Books here what are some of  your favorite books? Anything by Neil Gaiman. I also love Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Triology by Laini Taylor,all Tamora Pierce,Deathless by Catherynne Valente and, most recently,Uprooted by Naomi Novik.
  6. What are you working on now writing wise?The companion novel to The Star Touched Queen!
Get to Know Roshani

  1. Favorite Season ?Autumn
  2. Top 5 favorite book boyfriends? Akiva, Kaz Brekker ,Gansey,Sarkan ,HOWL
  3. If you could Travel to one time period what would it be? Paris during La Belle Epoque
  4. What are your reading right now? About to start  The Captive Prince Trilogy by C.S.Pacat
  5. If you could invite  5 people living , dead or fictional to dinner who would they be ? Terry Pratchett, Ava Gardener,Baba Yaga, Death and Queen Hatshepsut.
  6. Anything else you like to add? Thank you for having me




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Reason To Read The Billionaire Voice By J.S.Scott

Release Day Launch -Tell Me A Truth By Tamara Lush

Release Day Blitz- Billionaire Undaunted By JSScott